Yes you read it right — it is possible for you to install a solar power system in Malaysia at zero cost to you! This is made possible through signing Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) with Solar Investors.
What is Power Purchase Agreement?
A PPA is a legal contract between two parties, one which generates electricity (the Solar Investor) and one which is looking to purchase the electricity (you). The PPA will define all terms of the sale of electricity between the two parties including: the tariff of electricity, billing and payment terms, duration of agreement, penalties, termination, etc.
Who are Solar Investors?
A Solar Investor provides all the funds required to install the solar power system at your premise, so that you get to enjoy solar energy at zero cost. Through a PPA, the Solar Investor will be the owner of the solar power system for the duration of the agreement.
How does this benefit you?
- Zero cost for you to install solar power at your premise.
- Zero system maintenance cost during the duration of the PPA.
- Immediately enjoy lower electricity tariff (compared to buying from TNB).
- Branding for your business as a user of renewable energy.
- Monetise unused rooftop space.
- Ownership of solar power system will be transferred to you at the end of PPA duration.
How does this benefit Solar Investors?
- Zero cost for using rooftop space.
- Guaranteed sale of all electricity generated by solar power system for PPA duration.
Who is eligible?
- Anyone with available rooftop space. But Solar Investors give priority to big rooftops that can accommodate at least a 500 kWp solar power system. That is at least 2800 sqm of rooftop space required.
- Substantial usage of electricity. Conditions will differ for different users, but generally a minimum of RM30,000.00 monthly TNB bill or above.
I’m interested! What should I do now?
As a turnkey solar power solutions provider, we at Next Energy can do it all for you! Simply get in touch with us here, and we will arrange all necessary procedures for you to enjoy solar power at zero cost.